If your LaserPoint II cutter is starting to cut erratically, try following these troubleshooting steps below.
- -Does the belt look loose or have excess slack?
- -If so, tighten the belt tension (located on the inside of the left and right ends of the machine).
- -Is the blade holder loaded properly? Is the blade properly adjusted? Does the blade need to be replaced?
- -Is the white cutting strip damaged?
- -Check the speed and pressure on the cutter control panel. Your speed should be between 200-300mm/sec. and the pressure should be between 100-170g, which is standard for most adhesive vinyl. A lower speed is better for smaller projects and more intricate designs.
- -Does the TEST shape on the cutter come out properly?
- -If yes, then test with an alternate design.
- -If no, then the motherboard may need to be replaced.
- -Ground the cutter to ensure that static discharge is not causing cutting issues.
If you're still having trouble with your LaserPoint II cutting erratically, please give our tech support a call at 1-425-481-3555 M-F 7:30-11:30am, 12:30-4pm PST.