If you're having trouble getting your LaserPoint II connected to your computer, try these troubleshooting steps below.
- -Check to make sure the USB cable is properly connected. Nothing should be loose!
- -Does the device list in your computer's "Device Manager"?
- -If yes, install the driver, and then check the software setup. Ensure that the proper cutter is selected, then follow setup and detection steps for the software. The LaserPoint II cutter lists as a COM device and needs to be setup as a COM device.
- -If no, or yes but with an error:
- -Test in an alternate USB port on the computer.
- -Test with an alternate USB cable.
- -Uninstall "USB Root Hubs" from "Device Manager", and then restart your computer.
- -If the cutter is still not displaying, or is displaying with an error, the motherboard may need to be replaced.
If you're still having difficulties getting your cutter connected, please give our tech support a call at 1-425-481-3555 M-F 7:30-11:30am, 12:30-4pm PST.